1) When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. – Henry Ford
2) That’s the thing about flying: You could talk to someone for hours and never even know his name, share your deepest secrets and then never see them again.
― Jennifer E. Smith, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
3) When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. – Leonardo da Vinci
4) To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home. – Anon
5) There are two emotions in a plane: boredom and terror. – Orson Wells
6) If God had really intended men to fly, he’d make it easier to get to the airport. – George Winters
7) When you think about flying, it’s nuts really. Here you are at about 40,000 feet, screaming along at 700 miles an hour and you’re sitting there drinking Diet Pepsi and eating peanuts. It just doesn’t make any sense. – David Letterman
8) I think it is a pity to lose the romantic side of flying and simply to accept it as a common means of transport. – Amy Johnson
9) I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
– Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
10) Lovers of air travel find it exhilarating to hang poised between the illusion of immortality and the fact of death – Alexander Chase, U.S. journalist